How to find your Amazon Key and Secret Key.
First you must login to your Amazon Affiliate Account. The direct link to this is https://affiliate-program.amazon.com . If you click the down arrow under the USA flag, you will find the links to other Amazon Locales.
2. After you have logged into your Amazon Affiliate Account, you will need to click the “Product Advertising API” button in the top menu of your account area.
3. If this is your first time using the Amazon Product Advertising API, then you must click the Signup Now button on the right side of the page and complete the steps to activate your account.
4.After that you need to click on the “Manage Your Account” link.
5. After you clicked “Manage Your Account”, it will take you to the old amazon platform for the keys. You will see a link to the new AWS console that you need to click. Click on “AWS Security Credentials Console”. Direct link should be https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/home#security_credential
6. Once you are on the new AWS Console, click on the ACCESS KEY tab. This is where you will find your Amazon Key.
7. Amazon has changed the rules that you can’t retrieve the Amazon Secret Key from their website anymore. If you never saved your secret key, then please make a new set of keys and download the file to your computer.
Q. I have already created a secret key but didn’t download the key file.
Amazon has changed their rules and will not show you the Amazon Secret Key on the AWS Console Page. It’s very important when you make new keys that you download the txt file to your computer. Amazon allows you to have 2 active keys. If you forgot the amazon secret key, then you will need to create new keys.
Q. Do I use the same keys for all my stores.
Yes, you can use the same amazon keys for all of your stores. I just recommend you create a new tracking id for each store. See the images below, first login to your amazon affiliate account and then click on Account Settings. Then you will see a link for “Manage Your Tracking IDS”. Here you can create up to 100 tracking ids, I would name the tracking id something that matches your domain/niche so you know which stores are converting.
This video will show you how to find your Amazon keys. You can also follow the walk through below and check out our common problems and solutions.