Before you can start using your Fresh Store Builder website you must be approved by Amazon to join the affiliate program.
In order to do this you must apply for a free affiliate account with Amazon.
To apply for a account, navigate to https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/ and click the “Join now for free” button in the top right hand corner.
If you already have an Amazon account for the email address you intend to use, you can use this for signing up. If not, enter your email address and click “sign in”.
Enter your details on the next page and click “Create Account”.
Now, enter your details which will be used to make payment.
The next screen is going to ask you about the details of your website. This is where you will enter the details of your Fresh Store Builder site. Note that the screenshot shows a WordPress site – this will be covered later in this article.
On the following screen you must enter your phone number. You will then get an automated call. You must enter the pin number that appears on your screen, in order to confirm your account. Please tick the box that states that you agree to the terms of the agreement.
Once the telephone verification is complete, you will now have an Amazon affiliate account.
You can see in the top right hand corner of your screen your Amazon tag (this will be a code ending in -20).
You will now also notice when you are shopping on Amazon.com there is a grey bar – this bar allows you to create links to products and other affiliate tools.
If your Amazon affiliate application is not successful you may need to add more content to your site then re-apply.
Sometimes, when applying for an amazon affiliate account using a Fresh Store Builder store, your application will get rejected. This is usually due to lack of content, If this happens to you, don’t panic. You can re-apply, however instead of specifying your Fresh Store Builder site, we are going to create a WordPress site and use this in our application.
If you are planning on having a blog on your site with lots of content, you could use this for your application, however an alternative is to create an account at WordPress.com.
Just perform the following steps:
1) Head over to WordPress.com and click “Create Website”.
2) Enter the name of your blog. This will be the URL of your site. I have selected TabletopBoardGames.WordPress.Com
3) Enter your email address, username and the password you wish to use. Then click “next. step”.
4) This screen gives you the option if purchasing a domain name, instead of using WordPress.com, but as we are only creating this site to obtain an Amazon affiliate account, we will just scroll to the bottom and click “No Thanks”.
5) Select a theme. I have chosen Hexa for mine as it matches the look I was after, however you can choose whichever one you want.
6) Select the plan you want. We will choose beginner as this is a free account. You will now be directed to the WordPress admin section.
7) You will see the Hello World blog post on the right – this is a sample post which we can delete, so click Trash.
8) You are now ready to start adding content to your blog site. As we want to complete this as quick as possible, we aren’t going to write content, we are going to use ArticleCity.Com.
9) Click the blue “Start your first post” button near the top of your screen. This will take you to the “new post” page.
10) Let’s get an article to use. Go to Google.com and type a keyword or two that match your site followed by site:articlecity.com – this will tell google to only search the article city website. We are doing it this way as the Article City website’s search feature can be hit and miss.Once your results come up, select one of the articles by clicking it. This will take you to the Article on the ArticleCity.com website.
11) Copy the article to your clipboard (you must copy the article in it’s entirety including any links to the authors website).
12) Go back to your WordPress site. In the top box, type a title you will give to your article, then paste the content of the article into the large box. You can add a featured image if you like (using the button on the right hand side) then click the Publish to MySite button at the bottom of the screen.
We have now published our first blog, but before you submit this to Amazon you should publish a few more.
When you have posted a few blog entries, you can now re-apply to join the Amazon affiliate program. Follow the steps that you previously followed however enter your WordPress URL instead of your Fresh Store Builder site.