Before you go live with your store take a look at this important checklist.
Why a go live checklist?
If you want to get your store off to a good start, make sure everything is ready before you launch. The search engines will appreciate a finished site and your visitors will remember if some things aren’t ready.
The following is a recommended guide to follow before launching.
Before Going Live…
- Add to Your Account – Make sure your site url is added to the “My Sites” section in your Fresh Store Builder account area. Remember to enter the full URL if you have not installed it on the main domain (e.g. www.site.com/store or store.site.com).
- Setup Emails – Make sure your “contact us” emails are going to an address that you are monitoring. It is recommended to use an address at your domain if possible.
- Check Parameters – Check the parameters in your control panel, and confirm that you have the right Amazon details (we recommend a unique Amazon Tag per site, to aid reporting your sales).
- Google Analytics – Add your Google Analytics code into the parameters section of your control panel, in order to track visitors.
- Category Content – Ensure at least some of your categories has unique content.
- Articles and Pages – We recommend at least three good quality, unique articles on your site before you launch.
- Product Content – Add some unique content to your products before you launch, in order to get good initial search engine results for them.
- Homepage Content – Ensure your homepage has some unique content about your store, what products you are offering etc.
- Google, Yahoo and Bing Sitemaps – Register your website on Google (www.google.com/webmasters), Yahoo (siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com) and Bing (www.bing.com/webmaster). Make sure you add your sitemap url (http://www.yoursite.com/sitemap.xml) into each account.
- Amazon License Agreement – We highly recommend you read and understand the Amazon License Agreement and related information in your Amazon account. Failure to comply to this agreement could mean termination from the Amazon Associates Program and loss of earnings.
…. and that is it! Of course, do make sure you run through the site yourself and check that everything is working before you launch.
Launching Your Store
Once you are ready, see our next guide on How To Launch Your Store